Creating a Learner Account
The first thing you need to do before you can use MyLife is create your very own MyLife account. To begin this process, click the "Register" button under the "Getting Started" header.
You will then be asked which type of account you wish to create. As you're a young person signing up to MyLife in order to build the foundations of your working life, you need to select the learner option. As shown below, you can do this by clicking the circle next to the "Learner" text.
To begin your registration, you will need to enter the details requested by the text boxes. Below are brief descriptions outlining what each are.
- Username: Your username is your account name. It's used during the login process and if for whatever reason you need to get in contact with the MyLife team for help.
- Password: Your password adds security to your MyLife account and makes sure only you can access it. Make sure to make it a complex password, because then it will be more difficult for others to guess. Remember to write your password down somewhere to help you remember it, but if you do forget, it's very easy to reset your password.
- Email Address: When you complete registration, we use your email address to send you a copy of your MyLife username and password.
- About You: Details under the "About You" header such as First Name, Surname, Date of Birth and Gender are used in the creation of your MyLife profile.
- Contact Details: Your contact details are necessary in case we need to contact you regarding your MyLife account.
- Security Question: Your security question is used when you reset your password to make sure only you can do it.
To complete your registration, you need to type the randomly generated letters into the text box below them. The purpose of this is to make sure you're a human, and not another computer registering for the purposes of spamming. If you can't quite understand the letters, you can click the "Get New Code" text to get a new code, or listen to the letters by clicking the "Get Audio" button.
Select if or not you wish to receive notifications by email, which inform you when certain changes to your MyLife account occur such as receiving feedback from a vacancy you applied for.
Then just click the register button, and if you've entered all required information then your account will be created and you can start using MyLife.